homer flatulant disorder

I needed a place to defend myself.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

i work to much

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Night off

Well we are back, I got off work at 8:00 last night and came home just long enough to eat, shower, and wait for my wife to set up the Yukon as a camper. 10:00 rolled around and out the door we went for the night, no idea where. All we knew is that we were sleeping in the Yukon. For you vehicularly challanged that is a General Motors Corporation product. We ended up at the Buffalo Mine, no really that was the name of it. Momma and Poppa Buffalo awoke at 8:00 to peace and quiet, something very unusual to us (It was a beautiful thing). Went to breakfast in Wasilla then decided to head north, next thing you know we were in Talketna. What a cool little town. Then it was back on the road again, north to Petersville Rd. I wanted to show the wife why we all ways got home so late from snowmachining. We had to turn around at mile 28 when there was a small piece of the road washed out and flooded. We arived at our humble abode around 7:30 and the big kids were loading up the little ones to goto the park. What a perfect day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

It was a wonderful day. funny how the animals knew it was hunting season...200 miles of wilderness driving and we saw...a dead porcupine, a mouse, a squirrel, and four swans.Not even the radio made noise today...wonderful.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Stan Harrington said...

You snuck a blog in, I discovered it after I read the little ladies blog - good to see you blogging again! Sounds like a great day and you were hunting. Camping out in the Buffalo Mine sounds a little scary, weren't you afraid of bats? Glad the large model of the Explorer work for you as a camping vehicle, you should have taken the trailer! Many years ago, back in another lifetime, our family explored the Petersville Road, camped on Moose Creek for several days - had a blast. Thank you for your stand on not putting word verification on your site, real men do not need word verification!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Stan Harrington said...

Just re-read your posting, to bad you did not have my Super Ford F-150, half the time I do not even use the Anchor River Bridge, I just drive across the river. No little flooding is going to make me turn around. I have the flotation feature on my truck, at least that is what I think FWD(LOW) stands for, Floating, Wheels Down, Low Water.

12:00 AM  
Blogger john r mclay said...

I think your brain is floating, Stan.

Is it your birthday, big buffalo?
A nice present would be no bull___t for a day!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home